- 2010 Green Power Leadership Awards Green Power Community of the Year
- 2009 $0-25 Million Green/LEED Building Project of the of year
- 2009 Honor Award, Excellence in Sustainable Design – AIA Utah
- 2009 LEED Platinum Certified - USGBC
- 2009 Governor’s Quality Growth Award – Envision Utah & Utah Quality Growth Commission
- 2009 Best of ’09 – Green Building – Intermountain Contractor
- 2009 Summit County Historical Society Preservation Award – Wallin Farm – Summit County Historical Society
- 2009 Best of Park City Award in Building/Technology Systems
- 2009 Utah’s Green Business Award – Buildings & Projects
- 2008 Excellence in Construction in Specialty Construction (LEED Platinum Anticipated/Green)
- 2008 Engineering Excellence Honor Award in Building/Technology Systems
The Swaner EcoCenter includes more than 1,200 acres of critical habitat, consisting of wetland, lowland, upland and stream habitat; providing home to over 40 wildlife species and numerous plant species. As part of the mission to preserve the wetland and its inhabitants, the Preserve continues to acquire ecologically sensitive land as it becomes available.
The Preserve provides Snyderville Basin with groundwater recharge, houses a kiosk with a breathtaking view and offers an area for outdoor environmental education. Swaner Nature Preserve was a land trust and will therefore will be preserved in perpetuity for many generations to come.
The Swaner EcoCenter was designed to achieve the coveted LEED Platinum certification, the highest standard set by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). An astounding 61 points were submitted and 61 points were received. LEED promotes five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water conservation, energy efficiency, materials selections and indoor environmental quality.