A historical renovation of the church, built in 1902, and the addition, which was constructed in 1957.
- 2004 Renovation Project, Utah State Historical Society
The First Presbyterian Church, on the National Register of Historical Places, underwent a major interior renovation, comprising approximately 25,000 square feet, with a contract amount of nearly $2.5 million dollars.
The project encompassed the historical renovation of the church, built in 1902, and the addition, which was constructed in 1957. In fact, the church is one of the three oldest religious structures in Salt Lake City. Each era represented in this building was carefully restored as closely as possible to its original time period.
Big-D’s scope-of-work consisted of a seismic upgrade to the diaphragm, a structural upgrade to the footings, drainage of multiple springs around the footings, a complete interior renovation and a mechanical/electrical upgrade. The renovations were completed with minimum disruption to existing occupants.
For delivering superior construction management, supervision and performance, Big-D captured significant acclaim from Church representatives.