Nearly four years after the first shovel was placed in the ground, Holder, Big-D Construction, a Joint Venture (HDJV) celebrated a huge milestone at the New SLC Airport Redevelopment Program project. One of the last steel beams was raised to the top of the new terminal building signifying an official topping out.
A ceremony was held to celebrate this project milestone. The ceremony featured Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski, the Salt Lake City Department of Airports, and of-course, members of the HDJV construction team.
The Airport Redevelopment Program features more than just a new terminal that HDJV is constructing. The construction team is also building the following:
• New long-term parking lot
• New Central Utility Plant
• New Apron Paving, Taxilanes and Taxiway intersection lighting
• Extensive site and utility work including removals, new construction and lift stations
• Demolition of existing airport facilities
The airport project is expected to be complete in 2024.