- Most Outstanding Higher Education (Large) Project, UC&D Magazine
Salt Lake Community College offers 106 credit certification programs, 32 degree programs, and 29 noncredit certification programs at its campuses across Utah. As the primary post-secondary provider of career and technical education in Salt Lake County, SLCC’s programs produce more than 27-percent of Utah’s career and technical education graduates. There is a growing demand for careers in industries such as diesel technology, welding, and electronics. To help increase the number of graduates in these fields, Salt Lake Community College, along with Big-D Construction, constructed a brand new career and technical center in Salt Lake City.
The SLCC Westpointe Career and Technical Education Center provides 121,000 square feet of classroom and workspace for programs such as advanced composites, welding fabrication, solar energy, diesel mechanics, and commercial driver licensing. The new building also includes 34 labs and a 3-acre diesel truck driving range.
Programs offered will include:
• Advanced Composites
• Diesel Systems Technology
• Electrical Engineering Technology
• Electronics Assembly
• Industrial Robotics
• Manufacturing Engineering Technology
• Non-Destructive Testing
• Plastic Injection Molding
• Product Prototyping/3D Printing
• Professional Truck Driving (CDL)
• Solar Energy Technology
• Welding Fabrication and Inspection