- Commercial Over $10 Million - Honorable Mention
- Utah Construction & Design Most Outstanding Project - Commercial/Office
- Best Office
- Award of Merit - Office/Retail/Mixed-Use
Cornerstone Phase I is a six-story building oriented East-West on the site. Cornerstone II is a four-story building oriented North-South on the site. The buildings are oriented to maximize views of the mountains to the east. These two buildings provide approximately 268,068 rentable square feet of Class A office space on the 8.86-acre parcel.
The Cornerstone I and II buildings share a three-story lobby that includes a two-story atrium entrance and office space on the third level.
- Interior: The interior common areas, including the elevator cabs, restrooms, corridors and lobby, feature an extension of the exterior of the buildings, with high-quality stone and metal materials, integrated artwork and thoughtful lighting.
- Exterior: The buildings are designed with materials and detailing that reflect enduring quality similar to the other buildings on the campus, while being distinctly different in character. The simple palette of materials includes red sandstone complimented by gray-green metal panels and aluminum framing, with high-performance glass in a subtle blue-green overtone. Exterior design features include slightly angled curtain walls and shading devices to control direct sunlight and minimize solar heat gain. On Phase 2, the exterior shell is equipped with automated tinting windows that can either allow or block sunlight from entering the building.
As part of the project, there is an elevated parking deck contributing to the total 832 structure parking spaces.